Thursday, July 26, 2007

Straight out of Dianetics




In English please:


Pleasure is the positive commodity. It is enjoyment of work, contemplation of deeds well done; it is a good book or a good friend; it is taking all the skin off one’s knees climbing the Matterhorn*; it is hearing the kid first say daddy; it is a brawl on the Bund* at shanghai or the whistle of amour from a doorway; it’s adventure and hope and enthusiasm and “someday I’ll learn to paint”; it’s eating a good meal or kissing a pretty girl or playing a stiff game of bluff on the stock exchange. It’s what Man does the he enjoys doing; It’s what Man does that he enjoys contemplating; it’s what Man does the he enjoys remembering; and it may be just the talk of things he knows he’ll never do.
Man will endure a lot of pain to obtain a little pleasure. LRH from the
Chapter Goal of Man pg 39, Dianetics – The Modern Science of Mental Health.

*Bund – a famous landmark in Shanghai, China, a boulevard along the Huang-p’u River linec with parks and European style buildings

*Matterhorn – a famous mountain peak in the Alps rising 14,692 feet (4,478 meters). It is located on the border of Switzerland and Italy.

In Scientology I had a misunderstanding on the cause of pain. I thought from a Scientology point of view “all pain is bad”, or that one should seek to avoid pain. Well from the above statement this is not true. I have seen once
a kid running , having a good time and he slip and fell to the ground, his father was a Scientologist as well and I was facing the kid, the kid got up and was looking at me and he did not seem hurt at all and so I started to talk to him. His dad had a look saying telepathically “shoosh! Be quiet!” I could see from the expression on his face.
It is not wise to talk to a person who has been injured or ill, but one must observe what is going on, a person might be having a ball of a time rollerblading and get into all sorts of trouble. It would be unwise to start telling everyone “Shoosh! Quiet, hey you Shoosh! And putting you pointing finger on your lips with a serious and stern look on your face, and even when the “victim” starts talking you Shoosh Him, “quiet you!, you gonna give yourself and engram!”

I can remember a few times getting hurt playing some sport of something and yet not feeling bad even though it hurt, the excitement and even the hurt was no a consideration as to what was accomplished or done.

I believe life is for the living, I can tell you for sure my mis-understanding of this is no more!



Great Talkers, little Doers. B.F 1733

Great Talker, must be a politician. Ricky Saunders 2007


In gobbledygook please:


According to research at an english university, it doesn't matter in what order the letters
in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter is at the right place.
The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without problem.
This is because we do not read every letter by it self but the word as a whole.


In Sictneoolgy I had a musinedtsrnanidg on the cuase of pain. I tuohhgt from a Sicnetogoly point of veiw “all pain is bad”, or taht one suohld seek to aiovd pian. Well from the avobe stetaemnt tihs is not ture. I have seen once
a kid runnnig , hvaing a good tmie and he silp and fell to the guornd, his fhtaer was a Seicnotlgosit as well and I was ficang the kid, the kid got up and was lkoonig at me and he did not seem hurt at all and so I satetrd to talk to him. His dad had a look siyang telpetahacilly “sohosh! Be qeiut!” I cuold see form the exerpssion on his fcae.
It is not wise to talk to a preosn who has been inujerd or ill, but one msut osbvree waht is gniog on, a preson mgiht be hvanig a blal of a time rlolbredalnig and get itno all stros of toruble. It would be unwsie to satrt teillng eveyrnoe “ohSosh! Qeiut, hey you Sohsoh! And puttnig you pnionitg fniegr on yuor lips wtih a seirous and sretn look on yuor fcae, and eevn wehn the “vtciim” sttras tklanig you Sohosh Him, “iuqet you!, you gonna gvie yuosrelf and ergnam!”
I can remember a few tiems gtenitg hrut plyanig some sprot of semohting and yet not fleenig bad even tuohgh it hrut, the eicxmetnet and even the hrut was no a csnodiareiton as to waht was accmopsilehd or dnoe.

I bilevee lfie is for the living, I can tell you for sure my msiu-dnsreatidnng of this is no mroe!


Gaert Taklres, liltte Dreos. B.F 1373

Gerat Tklaer, must be a pilocitain. Rciky Suaednrs 2007

No comments: