Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A day in my Life.



In English please:

I am glad I grew up in an era where I was allowed to play the game of life and had the opportunity to experience life as a child. This means that I even at the age of 6 years of age was out and about, swimming in local Dams, going into the nearby forests on my own and had very little fear of “consequences” – If my mum knew of all the things I got up to as a child she would probably have locked me up in the house, however I lived a very simple life.

Saturday morning: I woke up, got out of bed, got dressed, didn’t make the bed, went to the bathroom, washed the face, and ate some breakfast which was usually a sandwich with margarine and peanut butter with jam.

Then I’d set about my adventure:

This particular day it is setting out on an exploration with my friends to discover where the water pipes go to. Roads usually have a drainage system and the water collects somewhere, we wanted to know where. I was about 8 years of age, I gathered 2 more friends and off we headed, into the bush, about 1 km from my home. We go to the dam, we use to call it the coffee dam, as the water had that color to it, the water was never clear.

We had to make our way to the pipe. It was about 1.5 meters in diameter so walking upright was quite easy, but looking into the pipe all you could see was darkness. The bottom of the pipe, covering about a foot in length was a constant stream of water.
The this area was soggy, with moss, bugs, spiders, frogs and things you knew was there but we just couldn’t see. Once we chased a snake into the pipe, so we knew snakes also lived there.

However these things didn’t daunt our young adventurous minds and we walked inside, I must say it was scary. We walked trying to not walk in the water, so we had to walk on either one side or the other of the water, in a round pipe this is not very easy as sometimes the water was more in certain places it made making a bit hard. We walked for 200 meters into the pipe. When looking back all I could see was the “light at the end of the tunnel” and it was getting really dark, the dampness was intense. As we could not see much ahead of us we decided to return, I think each of us was happy of coming out of the darkness.

We safely returned no injuries, no bites, and no breakages. Some people might say, oh! That’s stupid and think of all the things that could have gone wrong. My remark to them is: think of all the things that could potentially happen to you right this instant. You could go to the bathroom, slip, hit your head against something and be dead. A spider could be living in your house and bite you and you would be dead. You touch the stove and be electrocuted.


---

“Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it” B.F 1735

“Life is for the living, live it.” © Ricky Saunders 2007

---



According to research at an English university, it doesn't matter in what order the letters
in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter is at the right place.
The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without problem.
This is because we do not read every letter by it self but the word as a whole.


In Gobbledygook Please:



Aontehr day in the lfie of Rciky Sdnuasre:

I am gald I gerw up in an era whree I was alolewd to paly the gmae of life and had the optropnutiy eepxeirnce lfie as a cihld. This mnaes that I eevn at the age of 6 yeras of age was out and aobut, siwmmnig in loacl Dams, giong itno the nbraey foserts on my own and had vrey llttie faer of "cesnouqneecs" - If my mum knew of all the tgnihs I got up to as a cihld she wuold paborbly hvae lkcoed me up in the hsuoe, hvewoer I lvied a very slpmie lfie.

Sutaadry minrong: I woke up, got out of bed, got dseresd, didn't mkae the bed, wnet to the bhtaoorm, wehsad the fcae, and ate smoe bkaerafst wcihh was uusally a saiwdnch wtih mgraranie and peunat bttuer wtih jam.

Then I'd set about my avdenrute:

Tihs ptraluciar day it is sttenig out on an exlptaroion wtih my frneids to divocser wrehe the waetr pipes go to. Raods ulausly hvae a dniargae syetsm and the wtaer clocelts sowemehre, we wetnad to know wrehe. I was about 8 yaers of age, I ghtaered 2 mroe freidns and off we hedaed, into the bsuh, aobut 1 km form my hmoe. We go to the dam, we use to call it the cffoee dam, as the wetar had taht color to it, the wetar was never caelr.

We had to mkae our way to the pipe. It was auobt 1.5 mretes in demaietr so wklaing ugirpht was qutie easy, but loonikg itno the ppie all you cuold see was dkrasens. The bottom of the pipe, coreving auobt a foot in ltgneh was a cnotsnat sertam of wetar.
The tihs aera was sggoy, with msos, bgus, sipders, frgos and tgnihs you kenw was trehe but we just cdluon't see. Ocne we chaesd a sanke itno the ppie, so we kenw skanes also levid trehe.

Hoewevr tsehe tgnihs didn't danut our ynuog aevdtnoruus mnids and we wlaekd idisne, I msut say it was scray. We wklaed triyng to not wlak in the waetr, so we had to wlak on eehtir one sdie or the oehtr of the waetr, in a ronud ppie tihs is not very esay as semoemits the water was more in ctreain pecals it mdae mkanig a bit hard. We waekld for 200 mretes itno the ppie. Wehn lkoonig back all I cuold see was the "lhgit at the end of the tunnel" and it was gttenig rllaey dark, the dmanpess was itnsnee. As we colud not see mcuh ahaed of us we dceedid to rruten, I tnihk ecah of us was happy of cnimog out of the drasenks.

We sefaly rteruend no iujneirs, no bties, and no baerkegas. Smoe plpoee mihgt say, oh! Taht's sputid and tnihk of all the thgnis taht cuold hvae gnoe wnorg. My rramek to tehm is: tnihk of all the tihgns that cluod ptotneially heppan to you rhgit tihs itsnnat. You cluod go to the btaoorhm, silp, hit yuor haed agasnit smoihteng and be daed. A spdier colud be liivng in yuor house and btie you and you wuold be daed. You tuoch the svote and be etcelucoretd.


---

"Welath is not his that has it, but his taht ejnyos it" B.F 1375

"Lfie is for the lnivig, lvie it." © Rciky Suadners 2007

---

No comments: